This form is used to provide instructions for payment of a benefit if you have 5 or more years of contributory service.
Please complete and submit either page 1 or pages 2 & 3 (Do not submit all the 3 completed pages to the Fund).
If you submit all the 3 completed pages, the Fund will not able to determine your election of benefit, therefore, the process will be delayed.
Page 1 is only to be completed if you elect the DEFERMENT of your choice or payment of benefit under Art. 32.
Pages 2 and 3 are for those who want to make their BENEFIT election. (You do not need to complete page 1).
Write your Pension Fund participant number in the designated box. If you know your UID (9 digits) you can write it under the Pension Number
Clearly indicate your full first and family names in the designated areas on each page of the form; their spelling must match that in UN official records – discrepancies must be explained;
You must provide your permanent mailing address;
You should also provide your personal telephone number and email address (you can write it at the bottom of the page).
You must DATE and SIGN the page; the ORIGINAL page must be submitted to the UNJSPF. The Fund accepts ONLY ORIGINALS.
Ensure you affix your Pension Fund participant number in the designated box on pages 2 and 3 of the form. If you know your UID you can write it above the Pension Number;
Clearly indicate your full first and family names in the designated areas on each page of the form; their spelling must match that in UNMIT official records – discrepancies must be explained.
Clearly mark the ONE box on this page that corresponds to your benefit election.
– Mark the first box (green dot) if you want to receive the full periodic benefit and NO lump sum payment;
– Mark the second box (blue dot) if you want to receive a LUMP SUM payment. If you want a LS of less than the max. 1/3 allowed, please indicate the USD amount you would like to receive. Else we will pay you the default 1/3 LS;
– Mark the third box (purple dot) if you want to receive the full periodic benefit (early retirement) and NO lump sum payment;
– Mark the fourth box (red dot) if you if you want to receive a LUMP SUM payment (early retirement). If you want a LS of less than the max. 1/3 allowed, please indicate the USD amount you would like to receive. Else we will pay you the default 1/3 LS;
– Mark the fifth box (yellow dot) if you elect a Deferred Retirement benefit under Art.30;
– Mark the sixth box (black dot) if you elect a Withdrawal Settlement under Art.31.
Date and sign this page.
Now go to page 3 of the form which must be submitted together with page 2; both pages must be dated the same day.
On this page you will have again to write your full first and family names as well as your Pension Fund participant number (and/or UID).
If you elect payment to be made to a bank account clearly indicate in the boxes exact and complete banking instructions including ALL RELEVANT DETAILS (ABA, IBAN, SWIFT codes, etc.). The bank account must be open in your own name (or at least include your name if it is a joint account).
– If you elect a monthly PENSION BENEFIT, complete the first box (1. Monthly Benefit);
– If you elect a WITHDRAWAL SETTLEMENT, only complete the second box (2.Lump Sum);
– If you elect a pension benefit and a lump sum, you should only complete the second box if you want the LUMP SUM to be paid to an account other than the one you indicated for your periodic benefit.
Clearly indicate the currency in which you would like the Fund to pay you pension benefit. Here, also provide currency instructions for both the periodic pension benefit AND the Lump Sum amount, if and as applicable.
If you would like to be paid by check c/o a UN/UNDP office, clearly indicate this instruction in each of the boxes under A.1 and 2. as applicable AND provide in the address section the UN/UNDP office’s address. In that case, also please provide a personal email address and telephone number for yourself.
You must provide your permanent mailing address; also please provide a personal telephone number and email address. The Fund may need to contact you in the future and therefore it is very important that you provide accurate contact information.
Date and sign this page. It must be the same date on both pages.
These 2 pages (page 2 and 3) must be submitted to the UNJSPF. You must submit the original form with the original signature.